Al's Horse Academy
8876 E Hawthorn Lane
Hereford, AZ 85615
Time: Events Start at 9:00am
Speed / Gymkana Events: Barrel pattern, Pole Pattern, and 2 patterns TBD
Events Broken Down into Age Groups: Lead Line, 10 and Under, 11-17, and 18-39, 40+
Cost for Event Participation is $10 per event per rider and one horse.
For questions about upcoming Events & Competitions, please call or text Mrs. Ashley at (520) 508-0449
No refunds available for competition fees.
1. Members of all ages, race, and riding abilities will be eligible for competitions.
2. All participants must sign a liability release form prior to participating in any event. Participants under the age of 18 must have a liability form signed by a parent or legal guardian.
3. Good sportsmanship by all participants and visitors shall be present at all times. Participants and visitors causing a disturbance will be asked to leave and will be disqualified.
4. Riders shall ride responsibly at all times.
5. Age shall be determined by the riders age as of December 31st of the calendar year.
6. All riders must wear closed toed shoes and long pants.
7. HELMET RULE: All riders under the age of 18 must wear an approved equestrian riding helmet with secured harness when riding. All riders over the age of 18 are requested to wear a helmet, but if they choose not to, must sign a Helmet Waiver during registration.
8. A check returned for insufficient funds will be charged a $50 return fee. All future payments will then be cash only.
9. Divisions: Lead Line, 0-10, 11-17, 18+
10. Awards: Ribbons for 1st through 6th place will be given in each division.
11. Points: Points shall be awarded in each division. For example: 1st = 6 points, 2nd = 5 points, 3rd = 4 points, etc. Riders after 6th place will receive 1 point for participation. Riders who DQ will receive no points. Points are accumulated for the Buckle price at the end of the series. In order to receive the buckle, riders must attend all 5 shows and participate in all events.
12. Definition of off-course: The course must be run in accordance with the mapped out pattern. A horse is on course when any part of the horse crosses the start/finish line. It remains on course as long as it is on pattern for the event being run until every part of the horse crosses the finish line.
13. Disqualifications: If a rider goes off course, but corrects the course and completes the pattern, it is a disqualification. Rider must keep horse on a forward motion or correct turn during each pattern as mapped out. An unexpected dismount while “on course” shall result in a disqualification. In order to contest disqualification of rider, video must be presented to Al Armenta for final decision. Contestation must be presented prior to next pattern starting.
14. Timer Malfunctions: If the timer malfunctions, a second run is allowed.
15. Penalty Points: 5 seconds shall be added to the time for each barrel/pole knocked over.